When trying to open Ezy Invoice 13, you get get the following error message:
“Could not find Data.DAT & DocType.DAT. Database does not contain valid Ezy Invoice or is incomplete”
This just means that the path where you created the database previously is not available to Ezy Invoice any more. Possible causes :
– You created the database in the “My Documents” folder. Now you are logging in to a different Windows user account then what you used earlier hence that “My Document” folder is not available. Solution : Log in to the same user account as before.
– You created the database on an external drive and that drive is not plugged in or the drive letter has changed.
– You created the database on a network share and that folder is not available anymore.
In all cases, you can try to locate the database manually.
– Start Windows Explorer and search your entire drive for file called “DocMain.Dat”. This is one of your database files. Take note of where it is on your computer
– Start Ezy Invoice. At the “Open Database” dialog, click the [Add] button to add a new connection to your database. Follow to wizard to add a connection to the path you note earlier.