You can customize your invoices to add a PAID stamp to them. With just a one line script, you can set the PAID stamp to only display when there are zero balances for the invoice. In other words the invoice is “paid in full”.
First you must have an image of the PAID stamp that you want to use. If you don’t have one, you can do a search on line for “Paid Stamp Images”. The image file must be of type png or jpg. Other image files types are NOT recommended.
1. Go to your invoice template designer. (see here if unsure how to get to the designer).
2. Find some space on your page to put your image. A good space to put it would be in the “Report Summary” band where the invoice totals are. If there is no room, create some room by selecting this band, dragging its bottom handle to increase its height.
3. Now add a “Picture Object” by clicking its icon on the left vertical toolbar and then clicking in on the space you created on the “Report Summary” band.
4. In the “Picture” dialog, click the [Load] button. This will allow you to select your image file for the “PAID” stamp as shown below. Next click the green tick button at the top right to close this dialog
5. Below is an image of how it will look on your design. Click the Preview button (4th button on the top horizontal) toolbar to view how it looks in print or email output. Drag picture objects handles to adjust the size and position as required. This is how you would add any additional images you need on your design. At this stage, the image prints on all invoices whether paid or unpaid.
6. Next we need to add a script that tells Ezy Invoice to only show this picture object when the invoice has zero balance (paid in full).
7. Select the picture object as shown in the image below, its 8 handles should be visible. Click on the “Events” tab. Then double click on the “OnBeforePrint” event as shown below. We use the “OnBeforePrint” event as we want our script to run or execute before this picture object prints or previews on screen :
8. You will then see the the “Code” page with code partially filled in as shown below. Note the Picture object in my example is called “Picture2”. Note the name in your own design. It may be Picture3 or 4 etc depending on how many picture objects you already have in your design.
9. Copy and paste the below code. Note if your Picture object is named something else like Picture3 or Picture4, you must use the name of your own picture object.
Picture2.Visible := <Document."FBalDue"> = 0;
10. Your code MUST be within the begin and end block as shown :
11. This code tells Ezy Invoice to only show the picture object when there are no balances. If there is a balance (balance not equal to zero), it will be set the objects visible property to false making it invisible.
12. Finally you must save your changes by clicking the Save button. It is the 3rd button on the top horizontal toolbar as shown below. Your design will be automatically saved to the database. There is no need to specify a file name.
Below is the finished invoice in preview